Focusing on God

 The truth is that most of us find it difficult to focus on the Lord. The reason is that we do not know the benefits of doing so. When we know and understand the benefits of focusing on our heavenly Father, we will shift our focus from everything that is happening around us to God.

What Does it Mean to Focus on God?

To focus on God means to consciously direct our thoughts and desires towards our heavenly Father. It means looking at life through the lens of Christ. And choosing to look up to him and trust him regardless of what is happening around us.

Spiritual growth and stability

For my part, I struggle with stability. Sometimes I am mentally strong and ready to face any giant in my life. But there are also times when I am downcast and I just wish that God would remove every obstacle from my path so that I can live in peace.

But it should not be like that, should it? We need to experience growth, and that can only happen when we focus on God. A person who focuses on God and His Word will grow spiritually and become stable. It is not that they will not be challenged. They will, but because God is their number one, they will rise above the challenges that come their way.


You'll Become Fruitful

We are not here by chance. God has placed us in this world so that we may accomplish his purposes. But for us to be fruitful, we need to be focused on Jesus and anchored in His Word (John 15:4-6). When our attention is on God and not on the things of this world, we can know what God has planned for us and how we can realize his purposes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday short prayer

Bible verses I think you need